Featuring Maggie Beer with:
Simon Bryant – Chef
All dishes can really shine when prepared with the right cooking technique, especially with those cheaper cuts of meat. You can bring out the hidden charms of different foods when you know how to cook them best, maximising the flavour, aroma and mouth feel for your diners.
It’s also important to know that different ingredients lend themselves to a wide variety of different cooking applications. Understanding how and when to apply these is essential for bringing out the best flavours, aromas and textures and will also ensure that your ingredients retain maximum nutritional value. Creating wonderful aromas is absolutely vital to the enjoyment of food, we will discuss how you can bring those aromas right into the dining rooms for your residents. In this module, we’ll describe the most common cooking techniques, demonstrate various cooking methods for meats and vegetables that maximise flavour, aroma and texture and you’ll be provided with recipes, tips and techniques to enhance your cooking.
In this module:
- Simon Bryant joins Maggie to talk about cooking techniques
- We demonstrate how to combine those techniques with the right ingredients to enhance and maximise aroma and flavour
- And we share recipes and tips that will make the most of the dining experience for your residents
When you have completed this course, you should be able to:
- Define common cooking techniques
- Explain why we use different cooking techniques
- Identify which cooking methods are most suitable for different meats and vegetables
- Demonstrate how to cook secondary cuts of meat to maximise flavour and texture
- Describe techniques that can bring aromas into the dining room