Featuring Maggie Beer with:
Amanda Orchard – Chef, Maggie Beer Foundation
Food presentation is an essential aspect of meal enjoyment. From the colours, contrasts and textures to how the ingredients have been arranged on the plate – a person’s first impression of a meal will have a huge impact on the amount of food they consume and whether they enjoy the experience of eating it.
Food presentation skills enable staff to plate and present any meal in the most appealing and appetising way possible. It is important to present every meal beautifully throughout the day and to make an extra effort to lift the presentation of texture modified meals. In serving meals that feed the eye as well as all the senses you will be boosting meal satisfaction, increasing food consumption and nutrition intake, resulting in happier and healthier residents.
In this module:
- We discuss the importance of food presentation and how integral it is to the enjoyment of a meal
- We demonstrate presentation ideas and techniques for regular and texture modified dishes
- And we share strategies to enable staff to improve their food presentation skills
When you have completed this course, you should be able to:
- Explain why food presentation for sensory engagement is so important
- Demonstrate ways to present meals simply and effectively
- Demonstrate ways to present texture modified meals
- Describe how garnishes can be used to enhance
- visual appeal and flavour.