Polly Whitworth, Dementia Centre Consultant, HammondCare
- We discuss the importance of the whole dining experience to a resident’s enjoyment of their meal
- We explore ways to inspire your team to deliver the best dining experience for their residents
- And we share tips on how to create a dining atmosphere that encourages a person’s appetite and supports their independence
When you have completed this course, you should be able to:
- Recognise the importance of the whole dining experience.
- Demonstrate how to provide a dining environment that encourages independence, social interaction, engagement and positive mealtime experiences.
- Use observational skills to identify opportunities that can have a positive impact on each individual’s dining experience.